Happy, Healthy Lives! | United Cerebral Palsy of MetroBoston
Skip to content
We Believe in Supporting Happy, Healthy Lives!
- That the people we support have a fundamental relationship with the community and offer talents, skills and gifts that enhance that community.
- That people should have frequent and meaningful opportunities for community activities and recreation.
- That people should live in homes that are clean, welcoming, and reflect a positive image of those who live there.
- That the individuals we support should be active members of their homes taking part in meaningful activities as well as leisure pursuits.
- That people should be encouraged and supported to be as independent as possible.
- That people should have the opportunity and needed supports to maintain a personal appearance that is appropriate to the individual’s chronological age and is consistent with the individual’s choices and preferences and social and cultural background.
- That people have the right to make choices and develop routines, activities, and patterns of living that are consistent with the individual’s interests and capabilities.
- That personal care should be provided in a private manner with respect and dignity at all times.
- That individuals should have the opportunity and be supported to develop and maintain a variety of meaningful relationships of their choice including family, friends, community members, and consensual sexual partners.
- That what we do is important and that something worth doing is worth doing well.
- That problems and challenges are opportunities for learning and innovation.
- That people communicate in a variety of ways and we strive to listen openly and with sensitivity to those who communicate differently.
- That working well together will benefit everyone; we think well together and come up with creative solutions.
- That all employees serve as role models for appropriate behavior.
- That all employees should act in a professional and honest manner at all times.
- That leadership is everywhere and can come from anyone.
- That our staff are important to the organization and through continuous education, training, coaching and feedback we aspire to give them the best tools possible so that they can provide opportunities for the people we support to have meaningful lives.
- We are trustworthy and honorable with each other, the community and those whose lives are affected by the work we do.
- We show empathy, respect and acceptance without bias of those who are different from us.
- We do what we say we will.
- We are courageous and are willing to be pioneering and innovative in advocating for and offering new possibilities to those we support.
- We keep the joy and fun visible in our work life and make our work environments places to enjoy.
- We seek to maintain a healthy balance between work and life.
- We value the Top 10 Traits of Terrific Staff.